Missing agent reports after Rudder server restart
Web - Compliance & node report
Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
After doing restart ("service rudder-jetty restart"), last reports received before restart looks to be missed.
All listed nodes are shown in "No report"|"Missing reports" state until new report will be processed.
Expect to store|retrieve the last versions from db.
- Related to Bug #10881: Almost nodes become in "red state" after upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.1.3 added
- Severity set to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- User visibility set to Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
- Priority changed from 0 to 70
Thanks for reporting. It may be an other occurence of #10881.
In #10881, we thought it was because the expected configuration was archived (and so the compliance wasn't able to find it back and so it was takin an other one at random), but if it happens after a restart, it can't be just that.
I had a similar one, when after restart, I got a random id identified as last run (which was wrong)
- Subject changed from Missing agent reports after Ruder server restart to Missing agent reports after Rudder server restart
- Assignee set to François ARMAND
- Priority changed from 70 to 69
- Target version changed from 4.1.6 to 4.1.7
- Tags set to Sponsored
- Priority changed from 69 to 93
We have now several users who reported that, and even if not really "critical", it is scary and extremelly visible.
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Related to Bug #10456: Several core features don't work anymore with more than 1000 nodes added
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Nicolas CHARLES
- Related to deleted (Bug #10881: Almost nodes become in "red state" after upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.1.3)
- Has duplicate Bug #10881: Almost nodes become in "red state" after upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.1.3 added
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Nicolas CHARLES to François ARMAND
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/1730
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.7 and 4.2.0~rc1 which were released today.
Also available in: Atom