If a Rule is enabled but applies no Directive, it is displayed as Disabled
Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
This is a bug. Instead, We should display an icon, or something like this, if a Rule applies no Directive (or/and) to no Group.
- Subject changed from If a Rule is enabled but applies any Directive, it is displayed as Disabled to If a Rule is enabled but applies no Directive, it is displayed as Disabled
- User visibility changed from Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings to Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
- Priority changed from 32 to 50
In the code, we have two notion for rules: "enable / disabled" and "applied / not applied". It seems with the code that the rule can be enable and not applied, so it is "just" a displaying problem.
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to Raphael GAUTHIER
- Related to Bug #11205: Disabled Rules status is invisible added
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Raphael GAUTHIER to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/1718
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.6 and 4.2.0~beta3 which were released today.
Also available in: Atom