When running "rudder agent inventory", all other reports are missing on the server
Added by Alexis Mousset over 5 years ago.
Updated over 5 years ago.
Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
"rudder agent inventory" triggers a run containing only the inventory, but send begin/end reports, which makes the webapp consider it a full run, and compute compliance based on the received logs.
In the case, everything but the inventory is considered missing.
We should probably not send begin/end reports when not doing a full run, but this would result in losing a repaired (inventory) report on the server.
- Subject changed from When running "rudder agent inventory", all other reports are missing on, the server to When running "rudder agent inventory", all other reports are missing on the server
- Related to Bug #11266: Do not send begin/end reports when running "rudder agent inventory" added
- Blocked by Bug #9807: When in changes only mode, with no heartbeat, 'rudder agent run' outputs 'error: Rudder agent was interrupted during execution by a fatal error.' added
#9807 has to be done before this one.
- Severity set to Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
- User visibility set to Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
- Priority changed from 0 to 50
I'm categorising it as "misleading", because you are in an interactive session (so you can infer easely that that problem with reporting is what you did a moment before) and just running "rudder agent run" solve the problem.
It's typically the kind of things you are doing in a first install.
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to Alexis Mousset
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Alexis Mousset to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-agent/pull/130
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.7 and 4.2.0~rc1 which were released today.
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
Also available in: Atom