When "policy-server.dat" is missing, generated inventory is not legit
When we install the rudder-agent, it can assume that the defaut Rudder server is named "rudder" - when policy-server.dat is non existant, techniques fallback to "rudder"
However, the generated inventory is incomplete: if policy-server.dat file is not there, then the section RUDDER/AGENT is not created on the inventory, so generated inventory is invalid
We should decide which behaviour is the right one, and be consistent
It may or may not be related to https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/11593
#1 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Inconsistent behaviour between Techniques et Inventory to Inconsistent behaviour between Techniques and Inventory
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings
- Priority changed from 0 to 32
#12 Updated by François ARMAND about 1 month ago
- Subject changed from Inconsistent behaviour between Techniques and Inventory to When "policy-server.dat" is missing, generated inventory is not legit
- Effort required set to Very Small
- Priority changed from 27 to 51
We should just create the file when it's missing (with the default we want) and inventory will use it.
#14 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE about 1 month ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/1716
#16 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE about 1 month ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-packages|11fc9c3c933f4b1c492cb60004352ab1b519760e.