Architecture #12090: Update CFEngine to 3.10.3
The agent moves obstructions regardless of policy mode
Added by Alexis Mousset over 5 years ago.
Updated about 5 years ago.
Critical - prevents main use of Rudder | no workaround | data loss | security
Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
There is an bug in ncf or CFEngine
- Project changed from Rudder to 41
- Category set to Generic methods
- Assignee set to Alexis Mousset
- Severity set to Critical - prevents main use of Rudder | no workaround | data loss | security
- User visibility set to Getting started - demo | first install | level 1 Techniques
- Priority changed from 0 to 94
The issue seems to be in ncf or in the way we use default body.
Plain CFEngine displays an error (which it shouldn't), but does not repair the symlink.
The issue seem to be in CFEngine actually, the obstruction is moved regardless of dry-run mode.
- Subject changed from Methods to create symlink ignore dry-run mode to In some cases, files methods move obstructions regardless of dr-run mode
The issue comes from the obstruction that is moved anyway.
- Project changed from 41 to Rudder
- Subject changed from In some cases, files methods move obstructions regardless of dr-run mode to Thr agent moves obstructions regardless of policy mode
- Category changed from Generic methods to Agent
- Subject changed from Thr agent moves obstructions regardless of policy mode to The agent moves obstructions regardless of policy mode
This can happen in:
- The file management technique
- The "Create symlink *" generic methods
- Related to Bug #11868: Error message in dry-run mode for uncompliant symlinks added
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Alexis Mousset to Benoît PECCATTE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/1426
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- Parent task set to #12090
- Priority changed from 94 to 92
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
- Priority changed from 92 to 91
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.10 and 4.2.4 which were released today.
Also available in: Atom