Details of usage of technique "Variable from command output (string)" is not clear
Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings
When we use "Generic CFEngine Command variable definition" technique, it's not obvious that the variable prefix to use is generic_cmd_var_def :
- it's written in the description that is hidden when we create the directive
- unless we click on "show technical details"
A first solution would be to have a hover text on the field; but we'd benefit from a doc entry as well
#14 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET 3 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Alexis MOUSSET to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1358
#16 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET 3 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|d093e0a00a7aac967d3f1de33074f6629cb85d5f.