Escaping issue in Users Technique Parameter
There is a problem in the new Technique Parameters feature in version 4.3 beta
Parameters containing doublequote are not escaping and an error occured during policies regeneration.
For exemple parameter value = "myparam" cause this error :
⇨ Policy update error for process '56' at 2018-02-08 15:26:04 ⇨ Cannot write configuration node ⇨ Exit code=1 for hook: '/opt/rudder/etc/hooks.d/policy-generation-node-ready/10-cf-promise-check'. stdout: error: There are syntax errors in policy files stderr: '/var/rudder/share/759d2700-62f7-42bf-9dc6-7c2f846e63a2/rules.new/cfengine-community/rudder-directives.cf:38:69: error: syntax error "N1 - Linux/CMDB-N1-USERS" usebundle => CMDB_N1_USERS(""myparam"");
Updated by François ARMAND almost 3 years ago
- Category set to Web - Technique editor
- Target version set to 4.3.0~rc1
- Severity set to Critical - prevents main use of Rudder | no workaround | data loss | security
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings
- Priority changed from 0 to 76
Thanks for reporting, we will look to it before final.