User story #12614
Add scripts to help migrate techniques to rudder server command
Update the technique migration script to only use rudder API calls, previous version is defined here: https://github.com/amousset/rudder-agent/commit/5db7a1cdbee317dc4579a96de2f226a4ee0106c1.
A script to replace a directive by another one in each rule could be useful when upgrading techniques.
#3 Updated by Félix DALLIDET 7 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Félix DALLIDET to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-agent/pull/174
#5 Updated by Félix DALLIDET 7 months ago
- Pull Request changed from https://github.com/Normation/rudder-agent/pull/174 to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-agent/pull/175
#6 Updated by Félix DALLIDET 7 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-agent|1946d1e34131805232c042eccdedc83f37691590.
#7 Updated by Félix DALLIDET 6 months ago
- Subject changed from Update the technique migration script to Add scripts to help migrate techniques
- rudder directive replace [-iIvdq] [-c] -o <old-directive-id> -n <new-directive>
Will replace in all the rules the directive <old-directive-id> by <new-directive-id>. Options -v is for verbose mode and -c to disable the colored output.
- rudder technique migrate [-iIcvd] -n technique_name [target_technique_version]
Will migrate all the directives based on the technique <technique_name> in the version [target_technique_version]. This is equivalent to a manual migration via the interface.
If no [target_technique_version] is given it will look for the latest available one.
/!\ The scripts are minimalist and will only raise an error when the actions fail and not execute any kind of tests to ensure that the changes are coherent.