rudder-pkg should fail installation is a dependency is missing
Today, rudder-pkg install a package even if some of its dependencies are missing, and it prints a warning message.
This is in general not what we want, because nobody seems to read warning and people keep get stuck not knowing why the plugin does not work (for ex after #11115 correction).
#2 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 6 months ago
We already check if the dependency if fullfilled or not, but we only display a warning message and install rpkg and run postint with success which leads to a broken plugin
The idea is to check dependencies before doing anything, and if not present, do not install the rpkg so the user has no problem
The user still has to install dependencies himself
#5 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 6 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/1605
#6 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 6 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-packages|b6d200aaffa45868ec8f85ff60df4a1b39eef8d9.
#7 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 5 months ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released