Force using epoch when installing a package with zypper
Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
Operational - other Techniques | Technique editor | Rudder settings
See #12798 for context. We want to be able to specify an epoch, but we do not want to force it.
Another problem is that the format to use for yum is:
which requires splitting the version string...
- Related to Bug #12798: zypper module arch and version specification for zypper commands is not correct added
- Subject changed from Allow specifying an epoch in the yum package module to Allow specifying an epoch in package modules
The main issue is to be able to detect both epoch and non-epoch versions as installed. It is currently impossible given the way package modules work.
- Subject changed from Allow specifying an epoch in package modules to Force using epoch when installing a package with zypper
On SLES 11 and 12, zypper requires providing the epoch if it is there to install a package.
We should require it and store it in installed package database.
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to Alexis Mousset
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Alexis Mousset to Benoît PECCATTE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/ncf/pull/779
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Alexis Mousset
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset commit:5b4f63cda2b398739d77e1182bea9cfb5145ce23.
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.13, 4.2.7 and 4.3.3 which were released today.
- Project changed from 41 to Rudder
- Category changed from Generic methods - Package Management to Generic methods
- Priority changed from 32 to 0
Also available in: Atom