Agent should depend on a logging system on SUSE
I have tested some more with SUSE Leap 42.3
One thing that is very visible is that no reports are received after installing the Rudder Agent and fetching policy.
The background is that the "typical" leap images have systemd-logger installed.
Rudder should depend on having either one of rsyslog / syslog-ng being installed.
#1 Updated by Alexis MOUSSET about 1 month ago
- Subject changed from should depend on a logging system on SUSE to Agent should depend on a logging system on SUSE
- Target version set to 4.3.7
- User visibility set to Getting started - demo | first install | Technique editor and level 1 Techniques
- Effort required set to Very Small
We need to find a package name provided by both rsyslog and syslog-ng (there is already a mention about this in the install documentation though).
#3 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 26 days ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/1717
#4 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 26 days ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-packages|c70768c533bf0a2b3dc22e52565d8f10b5b5abe1.