Error about failed move of machine inventory doesn't give sufficient context information
Web - Nodes & inventories
Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
Operational - other Techniques | Rudder settings | Plugins
A user reported the following error in his log:
ERROR com.normation.inventory.ldap.core.FullInventoryRepositoryImpl - Error when updating the container value when moving nodes 'xxxxxx'
That error happen when we move a node from a status to an other but we can't do the same for his linked machine. In that case, we want to know exactly what was supposed to happen and what happened for real.
Also, it should make clears that it is a problem only for the "pending -> accepted" transition, not for the "accepted -> deleted" one.
- Description updated (diff)
- Effort required set to Very Small
- Priority changed from 65 to 94
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/2161
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- Subject changed from Error about fail move of machine doesn't give sufficient context information to Error about failed move of machine inventory doesn't give sufficient context information
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.21, 4.3.11 and 5.0.9 which were released today.
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
Also available in: Atom