Technique Editor accept invalid character (-) in condition
Technique editor - UI/UX
Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
Getting started - demo | first install | Technique editor and level 1 Techniques
in a conditions by classes
- (minus) seems to get validated, but later destroys the policy generation.
Policy update error for process '16944' at 2019-08-19 16:39:42
⇨ Cannot write configuration node
⇨ Exit code=1 for hook: '/opt/rudder/etc/hooks.d/policy-generation-node-ready/10-cf-promise-check'.
stderr: '/var/rudder/share/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/share/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/rules.new/cfengine-community/Test/1.0/rudder_reporting.cf:18:5: error: syntax error
System: SLES11 SP4
- Target version set to 5.0.14
- Severity set to Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
- Effort required set to Very Small
- Priority changed from 0 to 79
Thank you Alex for reporting this !
Targeting it for next minor
- Subject changed from NCF Editor input validation to Technique Editor accept invalid character (-) in condition
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Vincent MEMBRÉ to François ARMAND
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/ncf/pull/1051
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- Target version changed from 5.0.14 to 5.0.13
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 5.0.13 which was released today.
- Related to Bug #15770: Cannot create 'or' condition in technique editor (using | character) added
Also available in: Atom