After upgrading a node to relay, its allowed networks are incorrect
I upgraded a node a to relay in a 6.1-nightly installation, and its allowed networks were not correct.
A restart of relayd fixed the issue, most likely because it restarted rudder-cf-serverd.
The restart should be done automatically when the configuration change
Updated by Elaad FURREEDAN over 3 years ago
By default the promoted node collect allowed network from policy server, it shouldn't be the default since it is only the user who knows this information.
- Let the allowed network empty
- Be able to specify allowed network through the API
- Add an option that specifies to retriev allowed network from policy server (when he was a node)
Updated by François ARMAND over 3 years ago
- Severity set to Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Rudder settings | Plugins
- Priority changed from 0 to 32
I think what Felix talks about is not the fact that the relay gets allowed network from root server (for which you propositions make total sense), but I understand that the configured allowed networks weren't the ones actually applied to relay config.
Can you confirm Felix?