Do a `git gc` periodically
Performance and scalability
Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
Operational - other Techniques | Rudder settings | Plugins
We have several cases where
git becomes extremely slow, with
git status taking tens of seconds to finish. This is because
jgit doesn't periodically do
git gc and garbage accumulate.
We should do a
git gc periodically, perhaps once a week, or at each rudder boot.
I put that in 5.0 as it is a bug, but depending of complexity it may end in 6.0 or 6.1.
- Category changed from Web - Maintenance to Performance and scalability
- Severity set to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- User visibility set to Operational - other Techniques | Rudder settings | Plugins
- Priority changed from 0 to 52
Setting to major, because it's very hard to understand why rudder is starting to fail and be slow.
- Target version changed from 5.0.18 to 5.0.19
- Priority changed from 52 to 51
- Target version changed from 5.0.19 to 5.0.20
- Priority changed from 51 to 50
- Target version changed from 5.0.20 to 797
- Priority changed from 50 to 49
- Target version changed from 797 to 6.1.14
- Priority changed from 49 to 43
- Target version changed from 6.1.14 to 6.1.15
- Target version changed from 6.1.15 to 6.1.16
- Target version changed from 6.1.16 to 6.1.17
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Target version changed from 6.1.17 to 7.0.0~beta3
Finally, we will had it in in rudder 7.0. It could be backported if necessary.
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/3984
- Target version changed from 7.0.0~beta3 to 7.0.0~rc1
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- Target version changed from 7.0.0~rc1 to 7.0.0~beta3
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 7.0.0~beta3 which was released today.
Also available in: Atom