Global parameters format is not preserved when editing
Web - Config management
Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround
When editing an existing global parameters in json format, the format is not preserve in the editing form and may lead to error if we change only the value and save without setting up the format again. After saving the format become string by default and can lead to error where the parameters is used for like in jinja templating.
Step to reproduce:
- create a global parameter in JSON format, save
- in the list of parameters, click on "edit" button for the one just created,
=> format is "string" in place of "json"
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee set to François ARMAND
- Target version set to 6.1.7
- Related to Bug #17325: We can't choose between string and json for global parameters added
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/3422
- Target version changed from 6.1.7 to 6.1.8
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- Fix check changed from To do to Error - Blocking
It is still not working with that PR.
- Fix check changed from Error - Blocking to Checked
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 6.1.8 and 6.2.1 which were released today.
Also available in: Atom