User story #1858closed
Relay server package
Rudder has been designed from the first days with this feature in mind: relay servers are optional servers that will let you adapt your Rudder architecture to your existing network topology, by acting as a proxy for flows exchanged between managed nodes and the root server.
Currently, all technical elements are in place for this to work, but we have not tested or packaged the feature. We can safely assume that there will be some changes to be made to system PTs to reflect this, too.
Updated by Nicolas PERRON over 7 years ago
- Target version changed from 2.8.0~beta1 to Ideas (not version specific)
Nicolas CHARLES wrote:
Now that http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/4023 has been done, we'll be able to package this feature !
Ok then this is not planned to be in Rudder 2.8
Updated by Jonathan CLARKE over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Relay servers to Relay servers - package
- Status changed from New to 8
- Assignee set to Matthieu CERDA
- Priority changed from N/A to 2
- Target version changed from Ideas (not version specific) to 140
- Estimated time set to 8.00 h
We discussed the specifications for this:
- Name: rudder-server-relay
- Conflicts: with rudder-server-root and rudder-webapp
- Pre-install: if an existing Apache config for Rudder exists, make a backup copy in /var/backups/rudder/, and warn the user
- Dependencies and installation should be pretty much identical to http://www.rudder-project.org/rudder-doc-latest/rudder-doc.html#relay-servers
- Post-install: if the file /opt/rudder/etc/uuid-relay-group doesn't exist, then copy it from uuid.hive (this is for #5256)