If a rule is in a category that no longer exists, it can't be accessed in rule tree
Web - Config management
When a rule is in a category that was deleted (but was not empty), then the rule does not show the category anymore, and not the rules.
The rule can still be accessed by direct id, but it can create a mess since people may have applied configuration that they don't know anything about.
In that case, the correct thing to do is to display a category with it's id as name, at root level, with a message ("category was deleted"), et let user migrate and see rules.
- Description updated (diff)
- Target version changed from 7.0.0~beta2 to 7.0.0~beta3
- Target version changed from 7.0.0~beta3 to 7.0.0~rc1
- Target version changed from 7.0.0~rc1 to 7.0.0~rc2
- Target version changed from 7.0.0~rc2 to 7.0.0~rc3
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to Elaad FURREEDAN
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Elaad FURREEDAN to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/4093
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 7.0.0~rc3 which was released today.
Also available in: Atom