Creating a technique with a name normalized to generic method id breaks technique editor
Create a technique name "User shell", its id is user_shell
Now the technique editor is broken, the generation is broken
To repair it, juste delete the directive
Updated by François ARMAND almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Creating a technique with the wrong name may break the technique editor to Creating a technique with a name normailzed to generic method id breaks technique editor
- Target version set to 7.0.1
- Severity set to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- User visibility set to Getting started - demo | first install | Technique editor and level 1 Techniques
- Priority changed from 0 to 70
So, the problem is when you use a technique name that is normalized to a generic method id, which causes two bundles to have the same name.
The simplest solution is to know the list of forbiden ID for techniques (ie, in addidion to existing techniques names) and to use a workaround - at minima, an error message "change the name" (like today for same technique names), or perhaps something like happending a number of whatever.
We will target that change in 7.0 even if it also exists in previous version since their is a workaround (even if you must be aware of it) and a lot of things changed in the technique editor in that version.