"Missing node" error message in rule compliance when a node is deleted
Added by Dennis Cabooter over 9 years ago.
Updated about 9 years ago.
Web - Nodes & inventories
We have a rule with a group. If we delete a node from the group, the compliance detail pop-up of the rule display an error message about the missing node.
Moreover, trying to reload the group (either by modifying it in the group screen or by reloading dynamic group) does not make the error disapear.
But clearing caches make the error disapear.
- Status changed from New to 8
- Priority changed from N/A to 2
OK, acknowledged !
Assigned to François.
- Category set to Web - Nodes & inventories
- Target version changed from 2.6.6 to 2.6.7
- Target version changed from 2.6.7 to 2.6.8
- Target version changed from 2.6.8 to 2.6.9
I can't reproduce a bug for that. I tested with both group with 1 and more nodes.
The scenario to try to reproduce is:
- go to a dynamic group, click on a node of the group
- in the pop-up, delete the node
- the group page is reloaded (blanking the right panel)
- in the log, there is a new deployment, and dyn groups are reloaded.
Nothing strange happens (no error in logs, no error message in the UI).
Tried with Rudder 2.6.9 (dev), so perhaps the bug was corrected as a side effect of an other one?
- Target version changed from 2.6.9 to 2.6.10
- File invalid_node.png added
I attached a screenshot with the error.
- Reloading dynamic groups does not make the error disappear
- Clearing caches makes the error disappear
- File deleted (
- Subject changed from Bug with dynamic group reload if the node listed in the group is deleted to "Missing node" error message in rule compliance when a node is deleted
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Nicolas CHARLES
Looks like a badly closed expected report, or something alike, no?
Added correct screenshot.
- Status changed from 8 to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Nicolas CHARLES to François ARMAND
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/402
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.6.10 which was released today.
Also available in: Atom