Missing documentation for LDAP authentication with user search (not direct bind)
With #3949, we corrected the documentation so that we are now able to actually connect with LDAP by direct Bind.
Now, most LDAP user are using a different login and RDN attribute for users, so generally, we authenticate user with a two-step process: search for user with the given login in a given sub-tree, use the unique result to test bind.
Spring allows that.
Updated by François ARMAND over 9 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Jonathan CLARKE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-doc/pull/29
Pull request here: https://github.com/Normation/rudder-doc/pull/29
Updated by Nicolas PERRON over 9 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.4.11, which was released today.
- The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2013-October/000052.html
- The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog24
- Download information: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/Download/