rudder-jetty package should 'conflict' with other jetty packages that install /etc/init.d/jetty
# apt-get install jetty Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following extra packages will be installed: jsvc libcommons-daemon-java libjetty-java libslf4j-java Suggested packages: libjetty-extra-java libjetty-extra libjetty-java-doc liblog4j1.2-java The following NEW packages will be installed: jetty jsvc libcommons-daemon-java libjetty-java libslf4j-java 0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 1,836 kB of archives. After this operation, 2,648 kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main libslf4j-java all 1.6.5-1 [105 kB] Get:2 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main libjetty-java all 6.1.26-1 [784 kB] Get:3 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main libcommons-daemon-java all 1.0.10-3 [60.3 kB] Get:4 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main jsvc amd64 1.0.10-3 [27.9 kB] Get:5 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main jetty all 6.1.26-1 [858 kB] Fetched 1,836 kB in 29s (61.4 kB/s) Selecting previously unselected package libslf4j-java. (Reading database ... 238865 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking libslf4j-java (from .../libslf4j-java_1.6.5-1_all.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package libjetty-java. Unpacking libjetty-java (from .../libjetty-java_6.1.26-1_all.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package libcommons-daemon-java. Unpacking libcommons-daemon-java (from .../libcommons-daemon-java_1.0.10-3_all.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package jsvc. Unpacking jsvc (from .../jsvc_1.0.10-3_amd64.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package jetty. Unpacking jetty (from .../jetty_6.1.26-1_all.deb) ... dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/jetty_6.1.26-1_all.deb (--unpack): trying to overwrite '/etc/default/jetty', which is also in package rudder-jetty 2.9.2-wheezy0 dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe) Processing triggers for doc-base ... Processing 1 added doc-base file... Processing triggers for man-db ... Errors were encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/jetty_6.1.26-1_all.deb localepurge: Disk space freed in /usr/share/locale: 0 KiB localepurge: Disk space freed in /usr/share/man: 0 KiB localepurge: Disk space freed in /usr/share/gnome/help: 0 KiB localepurge: Disk space freed in /usr/share/omf: 0 KiB
rudder-jetty should conflicts or breaks with jetty.
Updated by Jonathan CLARKE over 9 years ago
- Project changed from Rudder to 34
- Status changed from New to 8
- Assignee set to Jonathan CLARKE
- Priority changed from N/A to 2
- Target version set to 2.6.11
Thanks for the report Christophe.
As rudder-jetty installs jetty in another path, it is designed to not conflict (in the "doesn't work" sense, not the packaging sense). I think the only conflicting elements are the init.d script and the default file. If so, then ticket #4363 has planned to rename these items (to, for example "rudder-jetty"), and then both packages could happily live together in the future :) Do you agree with the long term plan?
I agree that for current versions, these packages break each other, so we need to "warn" about this by introducing a "Conflicts: jetty" field. I'll get on that.
Updated by Jonathan CLARKE over 9 years ago
- Subject changed from trying to overwrite '/etc/default/jetty', which is also in package rudder-jetty 2.9.2-wheezy0 to rudder-jetty package should 'conflict' with other jetty packages that install /etc/init.d/jetty
- Status changed from 8 to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Jonathan CLARKE to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/225
PR available, please review: https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/225
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ over 9 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.6.11, which was released today.
- The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2014-March/000077.html
- The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog26
- Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/