User story #4501
Display and use System Manufacturer/Model from nodes inventory in Rudder
Added by Nicolas CHARLES about 9 years ago.
Updated about 8 years ago.
Web - Nodes & inventories
The inventory send by the agent contains detail about the System Manufacturer and Model, but we don't use it.
It would be useful to use.
To get it, we should look for the SMANUFACTURER, except when the value is empty or "Not available", and in this case fall back to MMANUFACTURER
And we should also get the SMODEL attribute
See #4395 for more comprehensive details
1 (1 open — 0 closed)
I think the SSN ("system serial number") parameter could be included as well. In most cases this is a meaningful tag to identify the system for the purposes of getting vendor support.
- Target version changed from 2.10.0~beta1 to 2.11.0~beta1
- Target version changed from 2.11.0~beta1 to 2.11.0~beta2
- Status changed from New to 13
- Target version changed from 2.11.0~beta2 to 2.11.0~beta1
- Status changed from 13 to Pending release
- Project changed from 20 to Rudder
- Subject changed from Make available the System Manufacturer/Model for inventory/groups to Display and use System Manufacturer/Model from nodes inventory in Rudder
- Category set to 26
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.11.0~beta1 that was released yesterday.
- Category changed from 26 to Web - Nodes & inventories
Also available in: Atom