Reports cannot be stored in local postgresql on a server Rudder in stand alone configuration
On a node installed with rudder-server-root, on a Debian system, localhost = 127.0.0.1 and machine hostname = 127.0.1.1.
By default, PostgreSQL binds to localhost only, and using the machine hostname leads to a connection refused. The the promises configure rsyslog to hit on the machine hostname by default when roles are installed, we should use localhost instead if the role rudder-server-root is present.
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Matthieu CERDA to Jonathan CLARKE
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/440
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset policy-templates:commit:0170a42af562b234a4448ffbd3bcfe549858c541.
Applied in changeset policy-templates:commit:c34411d6c2704eb93420dc12bf0cffc3be77a5d7.
- Subject changed from We should use localhost as a postgresql logging target if the role rudder-server-root is installed to Reports cannot be stored in local postgresql on a server Rudder in stand alone configuration
- Category changed from 39 to System integration
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
Also available in: Atom