After migration to 2.11, no reports are saved since no roles are defiend on root server
Rudder 2.11 has got as new feature the use of roles to determine which machine is part of Rudder server. However, migrate to this version does not permit to get a role until a new inventory has been sent.
The result is that no report will be recorded as a server with no role will have a rsyslog misconfigured (PostgreSQL password will be replaced by an unexpanded CFEngine variable) and no more report will be inserted in DataBase.
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ almost 8 years ago
- Subject changed from Migrate a Rudder server to version 2.11 lead to have no report since no role is determined until a new inventory is sent to endpoint to After migration to 2.11, no reports are saved since no roles are defiend on root server
- Category set to System integration
- Assignee set to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Priority changed from N/A to 1
TO fix it we shoudl add at least one role to rudder root server inventory when upgrading
This issue will be only the ldif to do the migration. I will create another one to do the migration script
Updated by Matthieu CERDA almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.11.2, which was released today.
- The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2014-August/000104.html
- The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog211
- Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/