Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #5317

closed

Changes in directives are not taken into account if we only change the case of characters

Added by Nicolas CHARLES almost 8 years ago. Updated almost 8 years ago.

Status:
Released
Priority:
1
Category:
Web - Config management
Target version:
Severity:
UX impact:
User visibility:
Effort required:
Priority:

Description

If i have a directive with a field that contains
"foo"

and i replace it by "FOO" and click save, then the directive won't be modified, and it will keep "foo"

Discovered in 2.10, but can also be in 2.6

Actions #1

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ almost 8 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Vincent MEMBRÉ to Nicolas CHARLES

I tried to reproduce with an aptPackageInstallation Technique.

I changed my package name from "vim" to "VIM" And the Directive is correctly changed to "VIM", the generated policy too.

Does it happens on a specifc field ?

Actions #2

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ almost 8 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Nicolas CHARLES to Vincent MEMBRÉ

Reproduced it in 2.10 on "enforce File Content", on file content field. Need to look deeper into it.

No problem in 2.6

Actions #3

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ almost 8 years ago

In fact; I got as much deeper as i can ... THe data are still correct until a diff is made between two LDAP entries bien unboundid.Entry.diff

The entries are correct (case different), but no diff are found...

I have only reproduced it with "Enforce file content" on several fields (file to update, content), it works correct in apt package and user management....

Actions #4

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ almost 8 years ago

Found ... The matching rule used to compare two attributes is taken from the source. We only use exactStringMatch for the target attribute, and keep the one in palce on the source...

But the behavior changed in unboundID 2.3.4, and now use the matching Rule from the source!

If we updated it , everything OK!

Actions #5

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Pending technical review
  • Assignee changed from Vincent MEMBRÉ to Nicolas CHARLES
  • Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/scala-ldap/pull/11
Actions #6

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Applied in changeset scala-ldap:commit:742a8e87c3d90b38ed2055b3fe6548a2d2f10035.

Actions #7

Updated by Nicolas CHARLES almost 8 years ago

Applied in changeset scala-ldap:commit:dda024587f3734edd38325be5627f589598be095.

Actions #8

Updated by Matthieu CERDA almost 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Pending release to Released

This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.10.4, which was released today.
Check out:

The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2014-August/000106.html
The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog210
Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF