The Rudder logrotate configuration uses the wrong argument to reload rsyslog on Debian Wheezy
The rsyslog init.d script on Debian Wheezy does not support the "reload" argument, expecting "rotate" instead.
We need to use this instead.
Updated by Matthieu CERDA over 8 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Matthieu CERDA to Jonathan CLARKE
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/482
BE CAREFUL: Manual merging will be required to propagate the change to Rudder 2.11 (not the same way of handling logrotate anymore).
Since squeeze is not supported anymore on this version, we can just replace reload with rotate in rsyslog template. :)
Updated by Matthieu CERDA about 8 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.6.18, which was released today.
- The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2014-October/000110.html
- The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog26
- Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/