Technique uses /root as an hardcoded value for the home of user root
System technique uses an hardcoded /root reference for managing postgresql password.
However, /root may not be the home of root (sometimes it is /home/root for instance); and when it is not /root the agent fails completly on the rudder server - it tries to ask password to access the database, but there is noone to answer.
Updated by Nicolas CHARLES 12 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Nicolas CHARLES to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/1412
Updated by Nicolas CHARLES 11 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-techniques|9053c1b3e6ba4c1f6e51f0d3867cc7e5e53aa5c4.
Updated by François ARMAND 11 months ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
- Priority changed from 59 to 60
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.20, 4.3.10 and 5.0.7 which were released today.