service rudder-* outputs on stderror
using "service rudder-agent/server-root/... somevalidcommand" outputs on stderr and not stdout on Debian, even if there is no error.
Updated by Benoît PECCATTE about 6 years ago
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Jean Cardona
Sorry but I could not find any trace of stderr output in init scripts, except this one:
echo "Cannot find a Java JDK. Please set either set JAVA or put java (>=1.5) in your PATH." 2>&2
Which leads to a failure to start.
Jean, can you elaborate a bit ?
Where and how did you detect this behavior ?
Updated by Jean Cardona almost 6 years ago
If I want to redirect the output of
service rudder-agent restart
I need to use
service rudder-agent restart 2> /tmp/test.txt
the agent restarted without error, so as I understand it output should not be stderr
% cat /tmp/test.txt rudder-agent: [INFO] Using /etc/default/rudder-agent for configuration rudder-agent: [INFO] Using /var/rudder/cfengine-community for CFEngine workdir rudder-agent: [INFO] Halting CFEngine Community cf-serverd... rudder-agent: [INFO] can't read PID file, not stopping cf-serverd rudder-agent: [INFO] Halting CFEngine Community cf-execd... rudder-agent: [INFO] Launching CFEngine Community cf-execd... rudder-agent: [OK] CFEngine Community cf-execd started after 1 seconds
Updated by Benoît PECCATTE over 3 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/1504
Updated by Benoît PECCATTE about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-packages|2e57773480f72f87e78bd92638404b4e01af2948.
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.10 and 4.2.4 which were released today.
- 4.1.10: Announce Changelog
- 4.2.4: Announce Changelog
- Download: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/