networks.conf missing on relay servers
Sometimes, I set some authorized networks on my relay servers, with diffferent value from root server.
The networks.conf file distributed on my relay servers are empty.
All is working great, nodes are sending reports and inventory correctly, updating correctly too, but I fear all networks are authorized on relay
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Reproduced changed from No to Yes
There is several issue here:
- server-roles directive is not applied on a relay server (contrary to relay-top which applies it)
- networks.conf is empty since class "policy_server" is not valid (compare root and uuid of the node)
- Target version set to 2.11.10
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Vincent MEMBRÉ to François ARMAND
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/839
- Related to Bug #5764: List of impacted rules when accepting nodes or modifing directives is not accurate added
- Subject changed from networks.conf empty on relay to networks.conf missing on relay servers
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Nicolas CHARLES
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
A small question from the trenches:
I found the same issue, but also the question:
WHY is access still working if the included file is empty?
Any idea, is there something wrong with the way this restriction is set up?
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.11.10 and 3.0.4 which were released today.
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
Also available in: Atom