Project

General

Profile

Bug #7037

Reporting cannot be used when there is several component with the same value and several messages

Added by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 5 years ago. Updated about 5 years ago.

Status:
Released
Priority:
N/A
Category:
Web - Compliance & node report
Target version:
Severity:
User visibility:
Effort required:
Priority:

Description

lets say I have an "enforce a file content" based directive that handles several times (7/8 times) the same file

The file name will be used as component in reporting

When i Access to the reporting in Rule compliance display there will only be one netrey for value 'file' instead of having 7/8

This produce like 6 message by value(7/8) by component(6) by Node(50).

When I click on a percent on the left it will tries to send 6 * 8 * 6 * 50 messages for the popup which makes a lot of data to send through the web ... whch make my request timeout :(

sad :(

We should at least keep values seprated (we do it in Node compliance display)


Files

compliance-unexpected.png (52.2 KB) compliance-unexpected.png Nicolas CHARLES, 2015-08-12 19:14

Subtasks

Bug #7055: Fix reporting issue (multiple reports for one component) on branch 2.11Released2015-07-30François ARMANDActions
Bug #7058: Fix reporting issues (mutiple reprtos for nexpanded variable) on branch 3.0Released2015-07-30François ARMANDActions
Bug #7062: Fix test and cardinalty on reporting Released2015-07-30François ARMANDActions

Related issues

Related to Rudder - Bug #7103: When we have node in no answer/pending, with a directive acting several time on the same object, the compliance % is invalidRejectedActions
#1

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 5 years ago

  • Project changed from ncf to Rudder
  • Category set to Web - Compliance & node report
  • Target version set to 2.10.16
#2

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In progress
#3

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
  • Assignee changed from Vincent MEMBRÉ to François ARMAND
  • Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/898
#4

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#6

Updated by Nicolas CHARLES about 5 years ago

This modification hides information to the user :(
if we have an enforce file content with 2 editions of the same files, the reports don't show it - worse, shows that there is only one edition
Given the complexity of scrolling within a directive, there is virtually no way a user will know how many edition of a given file is made

Vincent had a neat idea: add a (x2) next to the component value if the same component value was several time there.

#7

Updated by Nicolas CHARLES about 5 years ago

i'm getting result that I was not expecting when having applying result
see screenshot - /tmp/enforce is edited twice on 4 nodes
One node answer, so we receive 2 success, and the compliance computed is 2 out of 2 + 4 no reports -> 40%
I was expecting 25% :(

#9

Updated by François ARMAND about 5 years ago

Nicolas CHARLES wrote:

This modification hides information to the user :(
if we have an enforce file content with 2 editions of the same files, the reports don't show it - worse, shows that there is only one edition
Given the complexity of scrolling within a directive, there is virtually no way a user will know how many edition of a given file is made

Vincent had a neat idea: add a (x2) next to the component value if the same component value was several time there.

Could you open a ticket for that one ?

Because we can't add the correct number of line and at the same time avoid the number of line explosion, since it's the same key that is used in both case. We need the correction to the message identification problem before that.

#10

Updated by François ARMAND about 5 years ago

Nicolas CHARLES wrote:

i'm getting result that I was not expecting when having applying result
see screenshot - /tmp/enforce is edited twice on 4 nodes
One node answer, so we receive 2 success, and the compliance computed is 2 out of 2 + 4 no reports -> 40%
I was expecting 25% :(

That looks like a bug, where we don't keep the correct number of expected reports - and so, I'm wondering how it can be correct when getting two, and I'm wondering what is happening when getting 3.

Could you open a different ticket to explain and track that one ?

#11

Updated by Nicolas CHARLES about 5 years ago

François ARMAND wrote:

Nicolas CHARLES wrote:

This modification hides information to the user :(
if we have an enforce file content with 2 editions of the same files, the reports don't show it - worse, shows that there is only one edition
Given the complexity of scrolling within a directive, there is virtually no way a user will know how many edition of a given file is made

Vincent had a neat idea: add a (x2) next to the component value if the same component value was several time there.

Could you open a ticket for that one ?

Because we can't add the correct number of line and at the same time avoid the number of line explosion, since it's the same key that is used in both case. We need the correction to the message identification problem before that.

I tend to disagree, we could simply have a set of component values on the left, and a set of message on the right
No explosion of lines, and no identification (would it make sense to know that the second one made a different message, when order is not enforce ?)

#12

Updated by Nicolas CHARLES about 5 years ago

  • Related to Bug #7103: When we have node in no answer/pending, with a directive acting several time on the same object, the compliance % is invalid added
#13

Updated by François ARMAND about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Pending release to Released

This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.10.16, 2.11.13, 3.0.8 and 3.1.1 which were released today.

Also available in: Atom PDF