Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #7336

closed

Node stuck in "Applying" status

Added by Jonathan CLARKE over 8 years ago. Updated about 8 years ago.

Status:
Rejected
Priority:
1
Category:
Web - Compliance & node report
Target version:
Severity:
UX impact:
User visibility:
Effort required:
Priority:
Name check:
Fix check:
Regression:

Description

I changed a couple of Directives earlier today, and they have been successfully applied to all concerned nodes, except for one.

That particular node is in 100% Applying status:

However, I discovered ("thanks" to this problem) that the agent is not running on that particular node, so it has neither sent an inventory nor any reports for 3 days (see #7335 for why it's not running - unrelated).

Even after clicking on "Clear caches", the problem persists, and it has now been several hours since the Directive change.


Files

1.png (9.93 KB) 1.png Jonathan CLARKE, 2015-10-30 15:18
2.png (4.48 KB) 2.png Jonathan CLARKE, 2015-10-30 15:49
3.png (3.92 KB) 3.png Jonathan CLARKE, 2015-10-30 15:49

Related issues 4 (0 open4 closed)

Related to Rudder - Bug #7743: Compliance take into account expired runReleasedNicolas CHARLES2016-01-08Actions
Related to Rudder - Question #8176: All nodes compliance report unexpected/missing except root server.Resolved2016-04-13Actions
Related to Rudder - Bug #8141: On rules creation, we may get a never stopping spining wheel on rules listRejectedActions
Related to Rudder - Bug #8030: When a node doesn't have expected reports, we have a spinning wheel in place of complianceRejectedFrançois ARMANDActions

Updated by Jonathan CLARKE over 8 years ago

Update: When I restarted the agent on that node, the compliance came back to something closer to "normal":

Note that some of those reports are "Missing reports".

However, and this may be related, I also have 2 nodes that are receiving reports, and using the latest "config id" (same on disk in /var/rudder/share/<node id> as on the node in /var/rudder/cfengine-*/inputs), but display compliance as 100% "No report":

Actions #2

Updated by Jonathan CLARKE over 8 years ago

This server is running 3.1.4-wheezy0 by the way.

Actions #3

Updated by François ARMAND over 8 years ago

  • Target version changed from 3.1.5 to 3.0.12

Most of that code didn't change since 3.0, so retargeting to that version.

Actions #4

Updated by François ARMAND over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In progress
Actions #5

Updated by François ARMAND over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from In progress to New

This is not in progress at all - I'm stuck on that one.

Actions #6

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ over 8 years ago

  • Target version changed from 3.0.12 to 3.0.13
Actions #7

Updated by François ARMAND over 8 years ago

  • Related to Bug #7743: Compliance take into account expired run added
Actions #8

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ over 8 years ago

  • Target version changed from 3.0.13 to 3.0.14
Actions #9

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ over 8 years ago

  • Target version changed from 3.0.14 to 3.0.15
Actions #10

Updated by Nicolas CHARLES over 8 years ago

  • Related to Bug #8051: Compliance is not correctly computed if we receive run agent right after generation added
Actions #11

Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 8 years ago

  • Target version changed from 3.0.15 to 3.0.16
Actions #12

Updated by François ARMAND about 8 years ago

It is mostly related to #8051. At least, it's typically the kind of behavior that can be produced by a case where the code that should update the compliance information for a node is stuck in the middle of nowhere forever.

I propose to mark it as a duplicate of #8051, and reopened it in case we find it again in the future.

Actions #13

Updated by Jonathan CLARKE about 8 years ago

  • Related to deleted (Bug #8051: Compliance is not correctly computed if we receive run agent right after generation)
Actions #14

Updated by Jonathan CLARKE about 8 years ago

François ARMAND wrote:

It is mostly related to #8051. At least, it's typically the kind of behavior that can be produced by a case where the code that should update the compliance information for a node is stuck in the middle of nowhere forever.

I propose to mark it as a duplicate of #8051, and reopened it in case we find it again in the future.

Agreed.

Actions #15

Updated by Jonathan CLARKE about 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Rejected
Actions #16

Updated by François ARMAND over 7 years ago

  • Related to Question #8176: All nodes compliance report unexpected/missing except root server. added
Actions #17

Updated by François ARMAND over 7 years ago

  • Related to Bug #8141: On rules creation, we may get a never stopping spining wheel on rules list added
Actions #18

Updated by François ARMAND over 7 years ago

  • Related to Bug #8030: When a node doesn't have expected reports, we have a spinning wheel in place of compliance added
Actions #19

Updated by François ARMAND over 7 years ago

  • Related to Bug #8288: Many WARN messages after upgrade about JSON deserialisation error added
Actions #20

Updated by François ARMAND over 7 years ago

  • Related to deleted (Bug #8288: Many WARN messages after upgrade about JSON deserialisation error)
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF