package_install_version_cmp_update should handle all needed package operations
- Ensure latest version
- Ensure specific version
- Ensure installed with no other constraint
It should handle install/updates in a transparent way when needed.
Rudder package techniques should then use the ncf generic method.
- Related to Bug #8150: Update does not work in package_install_version_cmp_update added
- Related to Bug #8121: Clear package caches when repairing a package repository added
- Related to User story #6994: Technique aptPackageInstallation doesn't update packages if no version is defined added
We could create a
_package_clear_caches generic method to be called from techniques which need it.
- Category set to Generic methods
- Related to Bug #9547: package_install should use another package body when using a specific package version added
- Status changed from New to Rejected
Done in package_state/present/absent (#8952)
- Is duplicate of User story #8952: Add generic methods using new package promises added
- Target version changed from 0.x to ncf-0.x
- Priority set to 0
- Project changed from 41 to Rudder
- Category changed from Generic methods to Generic methods
Also available in: Atom