Upgrade from 2.11 to 3.1 on sles does not preserve the rudder-jetty java parameters
On SLES11, upgrading from 2.11 to 3.1 on SLES 11 failed to preserve the configured java parameters, and restored default config file (with only 1 GB allocated to webapp)
- Related to Bug #6773: Rudder-ldap and rudder-jetty settings should be user configurable in /etc/default added
- Related to Bug #7850: Upgrading from 2.11 to 3.1.6, with a distributed setup ( external DB ), on SLES, leads to invalid config file for LDAP added
- Related to Bug #7166: Migrations to 3.1 may fail due to a wrong Jetty configuration migration on RPM based systems added
- Tags set to Sponsored
- Priority changed from N/A to 1
Could you specify what are the files that are reverted, and that should not ?
There is a multitude of way to change these parameter, a specific case would help understand the problem.
- Assignee set to Benoît PECCATTE
In pré-3.1, conf file for rudder-jetty was user modifiable in /opt/rudder/etc/rudder-jetty.conf; starting of 3.1 it is /etc/default/rudder-jetty.conf
If user configured something in /opt/rudder/etc/rudder-jetty.conf, it is lost in upgrade to 3.1 - at least for SLES - as /etc/default/rudder-jetty.conf contain only default content
Related ticket #7850 states the same for slapd config file
- Tags changed from Sponsored to Sponsored, Next minor release
This is important and should be simple to correct.
I need to reproduce this since there is already code to migrate these parameters on sles, we need more informations to identify this bug
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Nicolas CHARLES
I cannot reproduce, I just tested on a fresh install
- rudder 2.11 on SLES 11
- change jetty settings
- upgrade rudder to 3.1
-> setting are properly restored in /etc/default/rudder-jetty.conf
Could you elaborate a bit more on how to reproduce ?
- Assignee changed from Nicolas CHARLES to Benoît PECCATTE
It appeared twice:
once in an upgrade from 2.11.8 to 3.1.1, upon upgrade, XMX value was lost
once in distributed setup (remote rudder-reports), upgrading from 2.11.8 to 3.1.3
both on sles11
- Target version changed from 3.1.10 to 3.1.11
It seemed it appeared also on an upgrade from 3.1.6 to 3.1.10 on SLES11
- Target version changed from 3.1.11 to 3.1.12
- Related to Bug #8418: Configuration files do not get updated when user has modified the stock ones added
It may be related to the conffiles ticket that was handled recently
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Jonathan CLARKE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/986
- Assignee changed from Jonathan CLARKE to François ARMAND
I'm merging that, Jon doesn't have any added value on it.
We need a linter for that :/
Benoit, could you upmerge it please?
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Benoît PECCATTE
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 3.1.12 and 3.2.5 which were released today.
Also available in: Atom