rudder agent update doesn't always update policy
We use several flag files to copy policy (promises, ncf, tools) from the Rudder server to Rudder nodes. The way these are used is:
1) Copy flag file
2) Check if copy changed flag file
3) If there was a change, start copy of main contents
However, if step 3 gets interrupted, or fails for any reason (not enough space on device, network issue, user killed process, etc), the next "update" will stop at step 2 (there will be no change to the flag file).
"rudder agent update" should be able to get around this, using a "force/-f" flag.
Updated by Jonathan CLARKE almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset rudder-agent|0b2924263f18489ddd52773fb1720e0d58766f58.
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ over 4 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 3.0.16, 3.1.10 and 3.2.3 which were released on 2016-06-01, but not announced.
- 2.11: Changelog
- 3.0: Changelog
- 3.1: Changelog
- 3.2: Changelog
- Download: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/