Error when upgrading from a Rudder server 2.3 if both policy.xml and metadata.xml were existing for the same techniques
A long time ago, we used to have some policy.xml files instead of metadata.xml for our techniques.
This old remains from 2.3 blocked one of my upgrade:
techniques rpmPackageInstallation version 3.0 and 3.1 were having both policy.xml and metadata.xml.
the upgrade process looks for policy.xml files, and tries to transform them into metadata.xml, which leads to an error if metadata.xml already exists.
removing the policy.xml files make the upgrade process works.
the upgrade process should not fail is metadata.xml already exists but only delete the policy.xml file while warning you that metadata.xml was already existing.
Updated by Matthieu CERDA over 6 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Matthieu CERDA to Jonathan CLARKE
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
PR available: https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/166
I decided to go with the "force move" approach because no policy.xml should subsist this way.
Updated by Nicolas PERRON over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.4.12 which was released today.
- The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2013-November/000061.html * The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog24 * Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/