Architecture #9917: Requires Java8 (jdk8) for Rudder 4.1
java.lang.RuntimeException: null with inventory-endpoint
It seems that dependending of the compilation option or the actual javac version used, we have a problem with inventory-endpoint at startup:
java.lang.RuntimeException: null at org.objectweb.asm.MethodVisitor.visitParameter(Unknown Source) ~[asm-4.2.jar:4.2] at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.b(Unknown Source) ~[asm-4.2.jar:4.2] ....
It seems to be linked to both the (extremely) old Spring version we used AND asm version.
See for example: https://github.com/cobertura/cobertura/issues/255 or http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PI60902 for similar occurence.
This bug is important, because it is completely silent at compilation time and not clearly caracterized (i.e: I don't know nor found what triggered it exactly in my dev environement - but now, it is always present).
#2 Updated by François ARMAND almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from François ARMAND to Vincent MEMBRÉ
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-parent-pom/pull/36
#3 Updated by François ARMAND almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 33 to 100
Applied in changeset parent-pom|765df9c0f2869addbba1ba130e378858e8a01bc5.