Missing status when I use "File copy from Rudder shared folder" Technique
hi, I have something weird in my compliance report. Every File copy from Rudder shared folder appear missing. It wakes up my OCD :) and I want to remove this message and have a beautiful green 100% in place. Do you have any idea how can I resolve or debug this issue ?
Hi, this likely comes from a bug in the method (could be https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/13634). Is the method applied on a directory? Is the target actually copied to its destination?
Helmsman Bug #13634: file_from_shared_folder does not report when trying to copy a directory ( Pending technical review issue assigned to Alexis MOUSSET. URL: https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine//issues/13634 )
Hum it's differents files and not a directories. Named /var/rudder/tmp/fusion.key and /etc/zabbix/zabbix_agentd.d/RAID10-12.confbut it maybe the same bug i don't really know. Server version is 5.0.0
I can provide you with more information if you wish.
- Project changed from Rudder to 41
- Category set to Generic methods - File Management
- Target version set to 4.3.6
Which are Rudder agent version?
Can you check if the copy is actually made if the content of the target is incorrect?
I've made some tests:
- File is correctly uploaded
- File is correctly updated
Rudder agent 5.0.0-stretch0
It's a technique:
source : apt/test.txt
hash_type : md5
ls -lha apt
drwxr-xr-x 2 root rudder 4,0K oct. 17 12:46 apt
ls -lha apt/test
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9 oct. 17 12:46 test.txt
Thanks, we will try to reproduce.
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to Félix DALLIDET
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Félix DALLIDET to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/ncf/pull/850
Thomas, you should be able to fix the problem by applying the above patch in
/usr/share/ncf/tree on your Rudder server, and it will be fixed in an upcoming release.
Thanks for reporting!
Perfect, you can close ;)
Thank you very much
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset commit:b6c24d1f7c88eb6128ef6635583114dbee4041d7.
Bug still present in 5.0.1
Indeed, it will be fixed in 5.0.2 (the issue status will then become "released"). You can apply the patch manually on your server in the meantime if you want.
- Subject changed from Missing status when I use `File copy from Rudder shared folder` to Missing status when I use "File copy from Rudder shared folder" Technique
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.3.6 and 5.0.2 which were released today.
- Project changed from 41 to Rudder
- Category changed from Generic methods - File Management to Generic methods
Also available in: Atom