Incoherent state when accepting a Node, where node is accepted but now available in UI (error when creating Node entry)
We face that case:
- node inventory in pending,
- user accept nodes,
- rudder node entry can't be created because "node" entry has an unknow attribute (ldap schema not up to date)
- exception is ignored, node is accepted
- node doesn't really exists.
Exact exception was:
[2019-03-07 15:57:04] ERROR com.normation.ldap.sdk.RwLDAPConnection - Exception ignored (by configuration) when trying to add entry 'nodeId=78b15f0a-37cf-4f54-a91a-213d35d9673d,ou=Nodes,cn=rudder-configuration'. Reported exception was: state: attribute type undefined com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPException: state: attribute type undefined at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnection.add(LDAPConnection.java:2099) at com.normation.ldap.sdk.RwLDAPConnection.$anonfun$addAction$3(LDAPConnection.scala:522) at scala.util.control.Exception$Catch.apply(Exception.scala:224) at com.normation.ldap.sdk.RwLDAPConnection.$anonfun$addAction$1(LDAPConnection.scala:522) at com.normation.ldap.sdk.RwLDAPConnection.applyMod(LDAPConnection.scala:487) at com.normation.ldap.sdk.RwLDAPConnection.$anonfun$applyAdd$2(LDAPConnection.scala:533) at com.normation.ldap.sdk.RwLDAPConnection.save(LDAPConnection.scala:591) ... [2019-03-07 15:57:04] INFO hooks - Executing post-node-acceptance hooks for node with id '78b15f0a-37cf-4f54-a91a-213d35d9673d' [2019-03-07 15:57:04] INFO nodes.pending - New node accepted and managed by Rudder: 78b15f0a-37cf-4f54-a91a-213d35d9673d [2019-03-07 15:57:04] INFO hooks - Executing post-node-acceptance hooks for node with id '78b15f0a-37cf-4f54-a91a-213d35d9673d' ...
We should really check that node entry was created.
Once we are in that state, a normal user (one who doesn't speak LDAP) can't really do anything anymore.
Updated by François ARMAND about 2 years ago
- File 2019-03-30_22.21.32-Rudder_-_New_Nodes_Management.png 2019-03-30_22.21.32-Rudder_-_New_Nodes_Management.png added
We now have the error in the screenshot (I removed the "state" attribute from schema before accepting the node, which may have been somehow the situation in the first bug)
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from We can successfully accept a node even if Node entry wasn't created to Incoherent state when accepting a Node, where node is accepted but now available in UI (error when creating Node entry)
- Priority changed from 70 to 69