If a node has not cron (or equivalent) installed, then the uuid or init script are not restored
Most of vagrant box don't have any kind of cron, and it is possible that people in the real world as wel
We rely on cron mechanism to restore the uuid and init script after an error; if cron isn't there, then the node (or policy server) stays in a sort of limbo
It would be cool to have a dependency to cron, cronie, or whatever gives cron.
What do you think of it ?
Updated by Matthieu CERDA over 6 years ago
- Status changed from 8 to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Matthieu CERDA to Jonathan CLARKE
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/179
There is no cron metapackage in RPM based systems. We can depend on "cron" on SuSE and "crontabs" on RH based systems (cf. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:CronFiles#Cron_Job_Files_Packaging)
Updated by Nicolas PERRON over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.4.12 which was released today.
- The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2013-November/000061.html * The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog24 * Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/