dpkg configure error prevents installing rudder-agent due to cf-serverd error
While upgrading rudder-agent I sometimes see this:
rudder-agent: [INFO] Launching CFEngine Community cf-serverd... 2014-11-19T11:18:32+0100 error: listen failed. (listen: Bad file descriptor) rudder-agent: [ALERT] no PID file for cf-serverd after 30 seconds. Trying again... 2014-11-19T11:19:02+0100 error: listen failed. (listen: Bad file descriptor) rudder-agent: [ALERT] no PID file for cf-serverd after 60 seconds. Trying again... 2014-11-19T11:19:33+0100 error: listen failed. (listen: Bad file descriptor) rudder-agent: [ALERT] no PID file for cf-serverd after 70 seconds rudder-agent: [INFO] Launching CFEngine Community cf-execd... rudder-agent: [OK] CFEngine Community cf-execd started after 1 seconds dpkg: error processing package rudder-agent (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 Errors were encountered while processing: rudder-agent E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) W: Operation was interrupted before it could finish
I can imagine that it's not quitte clear what's going on. After manually killing all cf- processes and running apt-get -f install, the install finishes without problems.
Updated by Jonathan CLARKE over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Dpkg configure error to dpkg configure error prevents installing rudder-agent due to cf-serverd error
- Status changed from Discussion to 8
- Assignee changed from Dennis Cabooter to Matthieu CERDA
- Priority changed from 3 to 2
- Target version set to 2.10.8
I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm quite sure that it shouldn't break package installation.
Let's start by adding a "|| true" to the end of the line that runs "service rudder-agent [re]start", and avoid this breaking package install. Rudder agent will relaunch cf-serverd if it's not running anyway.
Updated by Benoît PECCATTE over 5 years ago
- Status changed from 8 to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Matthieu CERDA to Jonathan CLARKE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/550
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.10.8 and 2.11.5, which were released today (16/12/14)
- Announcement 2.10 2.11 * Changelog 2.10 2.11 * Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/