Error output on Time settings at first run
The first execution of Time Settings 3.0 technique outputs following message on Centos 6
2014-12-15T13:08:49+0000 error: /default/check_clock_configuration/files/'/etc/ntp.conf': Promised to edit '/etc/ntp.conf', but file does not exist 2014-12-15T13:08:56+0000 notice: /default/check_clock_con[FAILED]on/commands/'/etc/init.d/ntpd': Q: "...nit.d/ntpd rest": Shutting down ntpd: Q: "...nit.d/ntpd rest": Starting ntpd: [ OK ]
and ntp is not correctly configured
Relaunching the agent solves the issue
Tested on 2.11, may fail on earlier version on Technique/Rudder
#1 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to Jonathan CLARKE
This happens because the Technique tries to edit the ntp.conf file before checking the package is installed, so it does not exist.
Adding a simple check for this file's presence and using the result class of the package promise fixes this. PR in progress.
#3 Updated by Jonathan CLARKE almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Jonathan CLARKE to Nicolas CHARLES
- Target version changed from 2.11.6 to 2.10.9
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/616