User story #4152
Reduce default maximum days of reports retained
We have two level of storing node's agent execution reports:
- the main database
- an archive one.
Today, we use a loooong duration for the main database (30 days?), what is not necessary and has bad impacts on performance. A few hours, maximum 36 (so that we have detailed execution reports for the last night) should be sufficient.
The archive retention duration can be kept to the big value it has today.
Updated by François ARMAND over 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to 8
It was validated with JCL that:
- we need to have the reports for a long period, so that we can do post mortem analysis / plug reporting module even without notification period (and so we need to have a big time for the archived reports database)
- but there is no need for a long retention period for the main database.
So, let's go for 2 days only for the main database.
Updated by Matthieu CERDA over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.9.0, which was released today.
- The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2013-December/000067.html * The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog29 * Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/