Rudder considers an inventory as "failed" if the endpoint is unavailable
Inventories processed on the Rudder root server are stored in a WebDAV directory (/var/rudder/inventories/incoming) then periodically sent to the endpoint on the server.
The endpoint runs a pre-check, and if the file is invalid, returns a 412 HTTP error code. We use that to move the invalid inventory to /var/rudder/inventories/failed. This was introduced in #3139.
However, if the endpoint is not available (eg, jetty has not yet started), then we also, naively, move the files (that may be correct) to /var/rudder/inventories/failed. This means that we can lose incoming inventories.
This should not be the case.
Updated by Jonathan CLARKE almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Jonathan CLARKE to Nicolas CHARLES
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/296
PR available: https://github.com/Normation/rudder-techniques/pull/296
Note, this was not introduced yet in 2.6, so doesn't need fixing there.
Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 2.8.3, which was released today.
- The release announcement: http://www.rudder-project.org/pipermail/rudder-announce/2014-March/000079.html
- The full ChangeLog: http://www.rudder-project.org/foswiki/bin/view/System/Documentation:ChangeLog28
- Download information: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/