Redhat Openstack Nova compute QEMU virtual machines are seen as physical
I have virtual machines on Redhat Openstack Nova compute considered as physical.
#5 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES almost 2 years ago
This looks a lot like http://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/9052
Can you upload the inventory (it may contain sensitive information, so I understand if it's not possible)?
To debug this issue, do you have a file /var/log/dmesg, with any relevant content in it (actually, the content of dmesg), or simply "(Nothing has been logged yet.)" ?
In the inventory, what is the content of BIOS/SMANUFACTURER entry ?
#6 Updated by Ilan COSTA almost 2 years ago
Here is the Bios part of inventory :
<ASSETTAG /> <BDATE>04/01/2014</BDATE>
<MMANUFACTURER /> <MMODEL /> <MSN /> <SKUNUMBER /> <SMANUFACTURER>Red Hat</SMANUFACTURER>
Dmesg is already in attachment to this issue, maybe is not what you expect ?
#12 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES over 1 year ago
I fail to reproduce it - it may have been fixed by https://www.rudder-project.org/redmine/issues/9763
Could you check with an agent in version 4.1 final to see if it still happen ?
#22 Updated by Ilan COSTA over 1 year ago
- File rudder-agent1-5573be84-d36e-4d98-b72f-17abe3963d33.ocs rudder-agent1-5573be84-d36e-4d98-b72f-17abe3963d33.ocs added
Debian 8 detected as Physical Machine with Rudder agent 4.1.6-jessie0 (CFEngine Core 3.10.0)
And all other are detected as Virtual Machine :
Centos 7Rudder agent 4.1.6.release (CFEngine Core 3.10.0)
Ubuntu 16.04 Rudder agent 4.1.6-xenial0 (CFEngine Core 3.10.0)
Debian 9 Rudder agent 4.1.8~rc1~git201709050155-stretch0 (CFEngine Core 3.10.2)
You can look at the debian 8 inventory in attachment.
#32 Updated by François ARMAND 2 months ago
- Severity changed from Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- Priority changed from 69 to 85
I'm requalifying that as major, because it breaks the configuration of hardware-based groups, and there is no workaround.
#35 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES about 2 months ago
File /var/log/dmesg is empty on debian 8 - causing invalid detection
#37 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES about 2 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Nicolas CHARLES to Benoît PECCATTE
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-packages/pull/1702
#38 Updated by Nicolas CHARLES about 2 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-packages|4c93473a87dfd52d70441c31d98eb7e64ed663f7.