Make node properties editable on the GUI
Now with 4.1 one has the possibility to save/delete node properties (after #10569 even in json format), but there is no easy way to edit an existing one if you happen to have a complex json structure in one property.
Suggestion is to have an edit button, that will copy the current value of the key into the input form, and on submit overwrite the value of the existing property.
Updated by Jonathan CLARKE over 2 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to User story
- Target version changed from 4.1.2 to Ideas (not version specific)
Of course, this must be made available, and it would be a lovely convenience. For now it's an easy workaround to copy/paste the value, delete the old property and re-add it.
As such I can't consider this a bug, it's a feature request, and we won't be including it in 4.1.*. Requalifying and targeting for future development.
Updated by François ARMAND 5 months ago
- Tags set to Sponsored
- Tracker changed from User story to Bug
- Assignee set to Raphael GAUTHIER
- Severity set to Major - prevents use of part of Rudder | no simple workaround
- Priority set to 0
This is actually a bug because if you want to change a node property without having a bad version of policies generated between the "delete" and "add it back corrected", you need to:
- change node to audit mode,
- delete property
- add property
- change node mode to enforce back
Without that you may break the production.