Rounding error in compliance bar can hide error with very small percent
As reported in #10761, depending of the numbers, we may display percents that don't sum-up to 100% in the compliance bar.
A part of the ticket is to establish a definitive algo about how the computing of such rounding is done (up or down? Always 100 (yes)? Favors error or success?)
Updated by Benoît PECCATTE almost 2 years ago
- Sort values from small to big
- Have a counter for the rounding error (= displayed value - real value)
- All values <1% are displayed <1% and counted as 1%
- For each other value, round depending on the counter (above i negative, below if positive)
-> this should be as close to 100% as possible, more or less 1% (except if there are too many <1%
-> some value are not rounded to the closest
- Idem except:
- Round to the closest all values interdependently of the counter except the last one
- Substract the counter from the last value before rounding
-> This can make sure we hit 100%
-> only the biggest value is imprecise
Updated by Alexis MOUSSET about 1 year ago
- Severity changed from Minor - inconvenience | misleading | easy workaround to Critical - prevents main use of Rudder | no workaround | data loss | security
- Priority changed from 29 to 64
It happens event in nodes list, and even in rules overview in node compliance. We need to go to component level to see errors.
This may hide any configuration issue, and gives a false sense on compliance. Setting to critical.