rudder remote run cuts down IP of remote host
Apparently the backend
cf-runagent -H <server> called via
rudder remote run -a (with correct token provided) returnes the output that has the IP instead of the Hostname it is run on, example:
10.111.111.123> -> R: @@userGroupManagement@@result_success@@<...>
However, the awk-formatter very unluckily cuts down the last octet which is actually just the only one someone might care about:
Imageine you run this on your subnet of 192.168.0.XXX/24 and all you get in the list displayed is "192.168.0." without knowing which "XXX" you are running on... :-)
# rudder remote run -a Start execution with config [20170921-172258-d2e89b2a] Hostname M| State Technique Component Key Message 10.111.111 E| compliant Common Update Policy, tools and configuration library are already up to date. No action required. 10.111.111 E| compliant Common ncf Initialization Configuration library initialization was correct 10.111.111 E| compliant Common Security parameters The internal environment security is acceptable 10.111.111 E| compliant Common Red Button Red Button is not in effect, continuing as normal... 10.111.111 E| n/a Common Process checking Rudder agent proccesses check is done by the rudder-agent cron job 10.111.111 E| compliant Common CRON Daemon [cut]
One'd expect to at least see all four octets of the IPv4 address (should be easy) or even better, the hostname of the node being run on (somehow harder).
#6 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 10 months ago
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Benoît PECCATTE to Alexis MOUSSET
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder-agent/pull/153
#8 Updated by Benoît PECCATTE 10 months ago
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
Applied in changeset rudder-agent|be0c9aa8aed90f1036b0b2e96a73f15420226bf0.
#9 Updated by Vincent MEMBRÉ 10 months ago
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
- Priority changed from 31 to 30
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 4.1.10 and 4.2.4 which were released today.
- 4.1.10: Announce Changelog
- 4.2.4: Announce Changelog
- Download: https://www.rudder-project.org/site/get-rudder/downloads/