In the query based search in multi-server excluding policy server only exclude the web server
Web - Nodes & inventories
With a multi-server setup, in "Node Management > Search nodes" thete is a checkbox "Include policy servers:"
If you uncheck it, it excludes rudder-web but not rudder-ldap and rudder-db.
This is by design, as they are not policy server (only root and relay servers serve policies).
Do you feel the need to exclude all "Rudder components" ?
Yes please. If an operator wants to apply a rule to all Linux nodes, I'd prefer if nodes with a rudder role could be excluded just like policy servers.
(so I won't have the surprise to end up with Xorg or any UI stuff ending up installed by mistake on a rudder server. :)
For now, you can workaround that by adding the criterium "Node summary" -> "Server Role" -> "Is not defined".
- Target version changed from 140 to 3.0.0~beta1
- Target version changed from 3.0.0~beta1 to 3.0.0~beta2
Let's rename this "Include Rudder server components", and have it include any node with a rudder server-role.
- Status changed from New to In progress
- Assignee set to Nicolas CHARLES
- Status changed from In progress to Pending technical review
- Assignee changed from Nicolas CHARLES to François ARMAND
- Pull Request set to https://github.com/Normation/rudder/pull/694
- Status changed from Pending technical review to Pending release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 3.0.0~beta2, which were these days.
Also available in: Atom