User story #6289
Rudder-update need to check for the PostgreSQL version
I was asked to open a bug about this:
On SLES 11SP3 with the "Databases" upstream repository I had the choices of PostgreSQL 8.3 and 9.0.
Back on Rudder 2.x I had chosen 8.3 as it was the "default" PostgreSQL package.
Rudder 3 can't work with PostgreSQL 8.3 and should be very noisy about this.
The update script should disallow proceeding with a relevant message.
A note in the update manual / release notes would also be good because a pg_dumpall / initdb / restore cycle needs to be accounted for in terms of upgrade time.
- Category set to System integration
- Assignee set to Matthieu CERDA
- Target version set to 3.0.2
Thank you Florian for this ticket, it is indeed relevant to be very noisy about it.
Assigning to Matthieu, our expert in this field
- Tracker changed from Bug to User story
- Subject changed from Rudder-update should check postgresql version to Rudder-update need to check for the PostgreSQL version
- Status changed from New to 14
- Priority changed from N/A to 1
- Status changed from 14 to 12
- Status changed from 12 to Pending release
- Status changed from Pending release to Released
This bug has been fixed in Rudder 3.0.2 which was released today.
Also available in: Atom